14 July 2011

the birth story..

i admit that it wasn't an easy one since i've been experiencing lots of complications throughout this pregnancy. it was the morning of 8th June when i was admitted to the hospital due to premature contraction at 35th week. i was put under 24 hours monitoring + medication to stop the contraction & 2 injections for the baby's lungs maturity. the injections were so painful & the pain lasts for at least 30 minutes...pergh!!since it was only 35 weeks, my gynae adviced not to give birth at that time since the baby is too young & afraid that a lot of problems would occur. however, the injections are given in case i need to deliver the baby in between that week.

i was discharged with 10 days mc - for bedrest. my next appointment was 10 days later at 36th week & i was given another 8 days mc for me to continue my rest days. at first it was fun to leave the office but later i have started to feel bored - extremely bored since i have limitation in my movement & i couldn't play much with pishimen. when i approached the 37th week i knew that it was safe to deliver anytime this time so i started to move around & do housework as usual.

night of 26th June, i suggested to inche' riki that we go to the hospital since i've been having frequent contraction since afternoon. i have been walking a lot few days before & therefore my feet are badly swollen. i was admitted that night & brought to the labour room & was put on with CTG. the nurse found out that my baby's heartbeat was unusually high between 170 to 200 while the normal rate are only at 120 to 160. my gynae decided that i was put to rest that night & to bring me back to the labour room tomorrow morning.

as early as 6 am i was brought to the labour room to record my CTG. Alhamdulillah, my baby's heartbeat is back to normal. nearly 8 am my gynae arrived & she checked & told me that if everything is ok i can give birth that morning. i was shocked & barely unprepared as i thought it's going to be another false alarm like the previous one.

i took my breakfast & prepared myself for the birth process. it was 10am when i actually felt the peak of the contraction pain. the staff nurse performed membrane rupture (pecahkan ketuban) & noticed that my baby was still high & she's afraid that either the baby was not in the right position or the umbilical cord was going around him. i just can't think at the moment & prayed that eveything will be alright.

luckily inche' riki was by my side all the time. he guided me on how to breath & how to push. automatically at that moment i couldn't remember anything & thank god he was at the right place at the right time. i need to do extra pushings to help my baby get to the opening. finally at 11.49 am my baby arrived safely - assisted kiwi vacuum since tali pusat dia dah terbelit kat leher. i was very tired, even more tired than the first time i deliver. after they bathe my baby, they bring him for inche' riki to azan & soon after i started breastfeeding him. it felt so peaceful...

as for the big brother - so far he really loves his baby brother. he would pat on the cheek while he was breastfed & won't let anyone disturbs while his baby brother was sleeping. hopefully they will be best friends - after all...what brothers are for, right?


hasya_rmshy said...

second story.. n it still different..

chun said...

congrates that u've gone through it all for the 2nd time! tp aku jd seram nak pregnant lg bile bace citer ko nih. aku tak penah rase beranak normal lg ok..huhu! anyway, selamat berpantang!

selipa_oren said...

chun : every pregnancy is unique & we should enjoy it. kalau time pregnen susah, InsyaAllah besalin Allah permudahkan. aku pulak seram sipi2 lagi aku nk kene caeser aritu..fuh!!

hasya : kalau everytime pregnen same je bosan la pulak kan?